A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Love A Hot Iron

I have lots of irons and they serve different purposes for me and my quilting and sewing, but I never iron clothes (ok, rarely)! I have one iron I use with steam, another one for fusible web and still another for doing TShirt quilts etc. I think I have about three more as well in the iron queue!

The last few I acquired have come from Freecycle, a network to promote waste reduction and help save landscape from being taken over by landfills. The post said something to the effect, "who needs to iron anymore with wash and wear clothes?" She never met a quilter I'd say!

But this one I picked up literally and figuratively is hot, hot, hot! The burn still hurts!

BSoleille! The bright side of Freecycle.
Terri

Photo of my "new" iron and my burn blister.

1 comment:

Quilting Nan said...

Ouch! That's one Hot Iron! Be careful friend...I have given things away on freecycle, love the concept.