A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Good Conversation....

I love connecting with an "old" friend, and I did just that tonight with my friend Bernadine from our neighborhood where we grew up in Old Brooklyn in Cleveland, Ohio!  We talked about two hours catching up with our lives.  Her Mom died recently, and I wanted to express my sympathy to her.  The two hours slipped by as we cycled through about 20 years of people from the "old" neighborhood including neighbors, siblings and parents and our own kids and husbands.  It was really quite powerful, and the blessing learned today was the power of prayer, and how she and her family prayed for my son as he battled childhood cancer all those years ago.  I am so thankful for those prayers today because I know they helped tremendously!  We plan to get together over the summer!

Photo of me and my son at the recent quilt show!


BSoleille, finding the bright side of childhood friendships!
terri

No comments: