A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, October 10, 2020

White Oak Canyon Trail 2020

Today I "traded" by sewing machines and soccer cleats for hiking boots and a strenuous 10 mile hike in the Shenandoah National Park near Syria, Virginia. It's a good thing we woke up at 4:30am and left the house at 5:00am to pick up "The Best Daughter" in DC. However, when we were a few miles away from her place, I realized I forgot my boots. Ugh! There was no way I could have done the hike (very rocky and almost 2800 ft. elevation climb) with the flimsy shoes I had on to ride in the car for the 2.5 hour drive down, so back home we go. My hiking companions were not happy about the turn of events, but thankfully, we were not in a rush, and they went with it with barely a complaint of my airheadedness! Next time they go in the car the night before!

BSolielle!

Terri

Photos from the White Oak Canyon Trail (we love all the waterfalls - they are breathtaking!)










No comments: