A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Milestone Day: 24 Years Since Ryan's Initial Diagnosis of Leukemia!

October 17, 1996, will forever be etched into my mind for many reasons. Most importantly, it's the date that changed my life, and the life of my family, forever - all with the "simple" words uttered to me in a tiny pediatrician's office, "Ryan has cancer - leukemia." Oh, what a trajectory those four powerful words placed us on since that fateful day. I can honestly say, through everything we've slogged through, along with all the wonderful people that were put into our path to achieve the outcomes we prayed for - Ryan - a five-time cancer survivor, we are very thankful and blessed beyond our wildest imaginations. A huge shout of THANK YOUS to all who played any role to where we stand proudly today.

For those who read my blog regularly, I thank you! But lately you may have noticed that I have not been posting every day, and missing a couple of days in a row even, which is not like me. I thought I would be able to write my Friday (usually) #CelebratingOther posts, but those have dwindled as well, (they require a "bit" of work and I love writing them!), and my goal is to get back to those at some point. 

The reason for all the 'changes' is that this past summer of 2020, hubby Bill and I decided to take an online writing course that started in June and goes through December - Solstice to Solstice.  It's rocked my world, and that's the short answer. This class is an Akimbo class offered by Seth Godin and it's called Writing in Community. https://writingincommunity.com/

Both Bill and I are immersed in our writing projects, his more autobiographical, and mine a memoir (hint: it has something to do with the first paragraph of this post.) Along with my quilting business: NeedleOnFull.com, this class has consumed more hours of my time than I care to admit, though I am thrilled to be a part of this awesome writing community which is helping me shape a story about Ryan's focus through all his cancers and his family's resilience for the past 24 years. 

So cheers to Ryan, Olivia and Bill for blazing through 24 years of craziness, along our fantastic community of family, friends, neighbors, allies, advocates, comforters, well-wishers, and the astounding medical personnel from around the US and globe that all played huge and pivotal roles in helping Ryan, and his family, in reaching 24 years of "good living" from that long ago autumn day in October. WE ALL THANK YOU!!!

BSoleille! The bright side of celebrating a great milestone!

Terri

In the beginning...October 1996



And most recently, Ryan receiving the Temesgen Gomacho Award through the Aslan Project!