A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Art 101; Or at 10 Years Old...

The treasure trove of "stuff" or "junk" or "things that should have been tossed out years ago" certainly bring back "repressed" memories, this time of a childhood in the 1960's and early 1970's. Truthfully, I cannot believe I still have "ownership" of these things, but happy to share since I can. 

For those that know me well, probably can figure out right quick that my favorite color of all time, fuschia, or dark pink, has always been my favorite color. My first photo is a coloring of a map, and at the top the teacher inscribed this: "Coloring uneven and to (sic) dark!"  A-

I loved that dark pink and wouldn't change a thing 50 years later...

The second two photos are of houses I drew (aged 10...maybe due to the handwriting on back, and folks called me "Tessy" for a short spell?) that I used either a black crayon, or charcoal...maybe a real piece of it since my mom did not supply us authentic art supplies. It has to be a black crayon or pencil, honestly. I thought they were pretty good to share, and have no idea where these homes were except for the backs that say: "The Holda Home" and "The Spouden Home (back not shown)." They are most likely from my neighborhood, but can't remember these names for anything.

BSoleille!

Terri


The Spouden Home
The Spouden Home



No comments: