A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Skyline Drive

After a nice JMU soccer banquet, and much to the chagrin of my travel mates, "we" decided to take the looong way home via the Shenandoah Skyline Drive from Harrisburg, VA to Front Royal, VA.  It was a breathtaking drive, but we cut off about half way through because the speed limit is only 35 mph, and the guys did not want to prolong the trip home any longer.  I was able to get out to take some photos at a few vista points, with the highest elevation at 3500 ft.  Interestingly, there were no leaves or blooming trees at the 3500 ft. elevation, and the forest was still kind of brown.  Once down about 1000 ft., the land was much greener and in full bloom.  I bet you can reach out and touch the sky (Southside Johnny lyrics!) at 3500 ft.! Beautiful....


BSoleille!
terri

No comments: