A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mixed emotions

While trying to make a good decision for my Mom's nursing home placement, I could not help thinking to live my life to the fullest as best I can each day. If we live to 75 we've got about 27,375 days on this earth. The many "elders" we saw touring the facilities over the past two days have to think that it was only "yesterday" they were 40, 50, 60 or 70! We can see that life goes by super fast!

My photo today was taken during a much needed respite hour when I met my childhood friend, Debbie, for a walk with her dog around the Hinckley reservoir. This was a place my Dad took us to kayak and canoe many years ago! The slight rain or mist did not stop us, and I'm thankful for that nice walk and chat!

BSoleille,
Terri

No comments: