A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Westbound Road to Healing - I80!

The Bob Seger’s song: “Roll Me Away,” started off our playlist on our trip driving to Boulder, Colorado, from Cleveland, Ohio (1200+ miles), with the “need” to drink in the landscape through the states, and soothe the soul from the recent sad days. I don’t think I could have “planned” it any better to head West, to the open road heading across the USA to the Rocky Mountains (they are screaming my name.) This trip was planned before we learned my Mom took a turn for the worse, and stopping in Ohio before heading out to Colorado after the funeral was what was truly meant to be.

I must also add that driving across the USA for almost 1300 miles (and the gas quite cheap by the way!) was the balm to a broken heart. And as the miles piled up, I felt the healing process start to begin, and my heart has been filled with immense gratitude. While driving or sitting in the passenger seat, my eyes tended to focus on the “little things” along the road: the sunsets, the big blue skies with huge fluffy clouds to admire; the good book we were listening to for several hours; the horses, bovine and cattle in every color of the rainbow, and the “ever growing” corn stalks in each state we covered.

Once we reached our destination, a collected sigh (two people, is it collective?) was uttered in the car, along with a deep breath in and, hopefully, the beginning of a “refreshed” soul by deeply breathing in the fresh mountain air!

BSoleille! 

Terri



No comments: