A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Rich Flanagan of Crofton, Maryland is a THREE TIME GUINNESS BOOK WORLD RECORD HOLDER!

Today, Rich Flanagan, a Crofton, Maryland, father of five and grandfather of three, crushed the world record on a wheelie (one wheel on a bicycle), covering 51 miles! Can you believe that? 51 miles on one wheel! The previous record was 26 miles, and Rich obliterated that old and stale record this morning. We could not be more proud of his outstanding effort on so many fronts, including the months of preparation and the scheduling of the "right" day (the less wind the better due to the balance needed to accomplish this feat). He could ride on one wheel in the rain all day; but a bit of wind, and that could create a touchdown quicker than a speeding bullet.

Rich and his family have to wait a bit for the final blessing of the official Guinness World Record status, but in my eyes, he's got it...and really earned it for sure!

Please help me congratulate Rich Flanagan with his third Wheelie World Record! Bravo,  my friend!

BSoleille! The bright side of Rich's third world record on ONE WHEEL!

Terri


Bill Tomoff part of the authentication crew of the laps on a wheelie, with Jodie Smith and me cheering Rich on this morning!

Georgia Flanagan, Rich's wife with their middle daughter, Christine in a white jacket.



No comments: