A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Fun in the Big Apple!

A chance to travel to the Big Apple and hang out with a former co-worker, Patti Lane, has afforded us the opportunity to see two plays; (one on Broadway, and one off Broadway), shopping at our favorite store; Century 21, and enjoying the New York City fall weather while trekking up and down the streets of Manhattan. We've enjoyed a good pace so far, because there is so much to see and do no matter how many visits here.

We were thankful of a bright sunny day today after yesterday's rain, but there is always fun and adventure around every corner (plus nook and cranny) for sure!

The trip up for me cost a whopping $30 (that's way cheaper than driving and paying for gas and tolls), and so easy to sit back and relax or read (they also have free wifi while on board). I think it's definitely worth it to take the bus from Washington DC even for a one day trip (it's a 3.5 hour trip one-way).

I am/we are looking forward to our tour of the 9/11 Memorial Site tomorrow, and other exciting meanderings we will find criss-crossing the city!

BSoleille!

Terri






No comments: