A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, September 23, 2019

Southern Comforters Community Quilts Traveling to Laos with Courtney Doran!

A week ago, one of my NeedleOnFull clients' daughter, Courtney Doran, was headed to the country of Laos to work as a traveling nurse there; specifically in pediatrics (NICU too). I asked her Mom, Donna, as Courtney was planning her trip, if she wouldn't mind "slipping" a few quilts into her bags. She enthusiastically replied, "yes." The day before leaving, Courtney came by the house to take eight quilts to offer some of those kids/families in Laos a lovingly hand-made quilt by the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild of Bowie, Maryland.

My guild, as well as Courtney and her family, are thrilled for her to take the quilts and all the other supplies she took to help the families, kids and babies in Laos! You see, on days when you think the world is going "crazy", it's these stories that give faith back to humanity and the young people who are making it happen on a daily basis (we just don't hear about it like we should).

So cheers to Courtney and the families and kids she will meet in her work as a nurse and travels to Laos. I hope she make a difference in their lives, as I know they will in hers.

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: