A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Quilt Retreat Inspired

Not only am I inspired by my fellow "Quarter Bees" quilting and sewing expertise, the machines we all use to implement our ideas is very key to the productivity. Sew, when Letitia Mattu brought her Singer Featherweight machine this weekend, it inspired me to get mine out too. I didn’t bring it with me initially, but when a bee-mate Deb Hoppe needed to run home for a few things she needed, I asked very nicely if she wouldn’t mind swinging by my house to pick up my Featherweight machine and bring back to the retreat. Thankfully, she said yes and a family member was home to retrieve my machine and a few other items (thank you to "The Best Daughter"). It was a team effort for sure.

It’s been a few years since I last used it even after my friend Wendy Allen tuned it up for me to fire it up and sew with it. Unfortunately, it never happened until now though inspired to continue to learn it all over again and use it (I hope). Let me say that this machine is sew cute and I "need" to use it to chain piece an easy peasy quilt.

BSoleille! The bright side of renewing my Featherweight friendship!

Terri

Photo of Letitia and I with our machines, and two bee-mates that are prolific sewists, crocheters and quilters.

Terri


Deb Hoppe and Cappy Phillips 

No comments: