A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Thread Thread Everywhere Thread

As most of you know, I am a "sewist", or more aptly, a quilter, and our main "ingredient", or "glue", if you will, for anything we make, is thread. So no matter how fancy schmancy our machines may be, or how lovely a pattern is, or the exquisite fabrics purchased and needed to make anything, thread is the most essential item to bring everything together. Of course, there is truly a lot to consider when choosing thread; think colors (thousands), and weight of the ply, plus what is best for each project as in type: polyester, cotton, silk, rayon, monofilament etc..

Recently, I was looking for a "simple" green thread from my big bag of thread and had to dump the entire bag to find the "exact" one I was looking for. Thankfully, I was able to find it through all the thread nests built up over time, and finished the project. As all those spools lay in wait, it occurred to me that  all sewing  boils down to a uncomplicated needle and thread...basic for sure.

BSolielle! The bright side of a simple needle and thread...

Terri


No comments: