A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

22 Years and Still Counting...

As a milestone poster, I could never forget this day when my son, and our family's lives, changed forever with a childhood cancer diagnosis of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Right about now 9:16pm, after arriving at Georgetown University Hospital at 4:00pm, Ryan coded because his platelets were crashing and he was failing fast. I have the entire day seared into my memory, but I'd like to take this moment to give a shout out to Ryan and his unbelievable strength in his many battles of fighting his cancer(s). I love the fact his family, our extended family, many friends and neighbors, and, of course, his entire medical team were always there for us, inching us along to restore Ryan's health, and it took years...

That fateful night and the years following, I could not possibly see down that dark "tunnel" to 22 years, but so thankful to report tonight, that we busted through that tunnel to bright light. We are incredibly thankful!

As many of you may know, not too many things were easy then, and that is a definite understatement, but it was the many caring and compassionate people that gave us their time, energy, meals, and prayers that got us here today. We cannot THANK YOU enough (and we try!).

BSoleille! The bright side of a tough young man I am honored to call my son, Ryan!

Terri

Olivia and Ryan




 

No comments: