A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, March 8, 2018

International Women's Day 2018

Today is/was a great day to celebrate strong and amazing women all over the world! But why just one day, I ask? "Herstory" reveals the seeds were planted in 1908 when 15,000 women marched in New York City demanding shorter work hours, better wages and the right to vote. It seems as if we've been "inching" along ever since, and applauding ourselves with breakthroughs in every single industry in the last 100 years. I am thankful to so many women (those known and unknown) who have inspired me and influenced me and make me better person every day of my life. From my Mom, my daughter, to my sisters and sisters-in-laws, to my sewing sisters, to my high school and college friends, my HO gals, former co-workers, my neighbors, the women I referee soccer with and, my faithful blog readers...BRAVO! We all strive to make the world, the only one we've got, a much better place for all!

BSoleille! The bright side of #celebratingwomenallovertheworld
Terri

Clara Zitkin who founded International Women's Day in 1910! What a visionary...


No comments: