A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, August 4, 2017

Through the Orange Barrels to Chicago Wedding

Instead of "over the river and through the woods", we instead traveled through lane closures, hundreds of orange barrels through Ohio and Indiana and obligatory Friday afternoon traffic in and around greater Chicago, IL,; but it did not damper our spirits to make it to the Gage Family pizza party for this wonderful wedding weekend in Naperville. Ali Gage and Ryan are both 22, and our families have strong bonds dating back to when the Gages lived in Crofton, Maryland. Jim, Deanna and Sammy were lifesavers in helping with Olivia and all her activities when Ryan was hospitalized at Georgetown for weeks on end, and we could not be more thankful for them and our family relationships through the last 15 years. These kids are "all grown up" and now...getting married! We are thrilled to be here to celebrate this very happy occasion!

BSoleille! The bright side of our kids' childhood friends getting married!

Terri

Photo of Ali and Ryan in 2000, and tonight! Wow!!!





1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Hey! I am also marrying my childhood best friend in one of the biggest Los Angeles wedding venues next year. I congratulate you guys. I know how it feels to share your life with a person who has been with you through thick and thin and knows almost everything about you. It feels great right?