A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, March 3, 2017

Quilt Shop, Haunted Pub, Sunshine and Seashells

The day went quickly by with a trip to Mary Nielsen's local quilt shop with over 14,000 bolts of fabric (The Quilt Place)! So much to choose from, so much to look at, and really so overwhelming! I did find a "new" fabric line (Fronds) that I really "love" and just had to buy a few yards of, and plan to use soon. Lunch soon followed at Ashley's in Rockledge, FL (the former Jacks and train depot from the 1920's) that is supposedly "haunted". Thankfully, nothing was "fishy" accept the fish and chip meals we ordered! Ha!

The "coolest" time was spent on an empty beach late in the afternoon. The cool Florida temps (70 degrees with a strong wind) apparently scared away all the beach-goers, except me and a few others willing to take a brisk walk or run during low tide. Funny thing is how warm the water was, and I waded up to my knees, yet had on a long-sleeved shirt and jacket and still was kind of "cold" (due to high winds). But the big puffy and quick moving clouds, coupled with high waves and whitecaps were "twin" beauties all their own. And the shells were not too shabby either, as the tide brought in and scattered them along a stretch of the beach; some laying perfectly formed and demanding to be picked up!

BSoleille!
Terri







No comments: