A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Butter Butter

Have you tried to buy plain old butter lately? There are so many choices out there that the task is truly daunting, and I'm not kidding. I sent the son to buy a few groceries, and at the last minute, suggested he buy a few sticks of butter while he was out. No problem, right?  Apparently he picked up the few items on the verbal "list" then "stumbled" over at the butter case because there were so many to choose from that he called me to ask which one I wanted. Let me tell you, I was kind of dumbfounded by the question, and answered, "plain butter". He came back with  these choices: "butter with and without salt?"; or "creamed butter with canola/vegetable/more-oil-choices oil?" (salted and no salt); or "Can't Believe It's Butter?", and then he was on a roll with all the other choices staring at him from the case. I suggested he take a photo of what he was looking at, and yes, it's daunting all right! It took him five minutes for him to find the "plain salted butter"!  Whew! But he got the one I wanted, and I'm thankful for that!

Honestly, should it take that long to select plain old butter?

BSoleille!
Terri

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like he was at Harris Teeter. They have the best Cinnamon Butter, we use it on mini beagles every morning. The grandkids love it also.