A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

"Yes, We Have No Bananas!"

The "snow secret" is out and blizzard warnings are swirling around the atmosphere like nobody's business.  I must admit, I do not like to get caught up in the frenzy and drama of a few snow flakes. However, we are being warned by so many channels, including the best one from my nephew, Alex, studying weather at Penn State University! He's been on this storm and sending the entire family updates on the direction of this thing. Very helpful! So, reluctantly of course, I heeded his advice that this is going to be a "spectacular storm", and headed to the local (large family chained) grocery store. It was steady busy, but the usual stocked shelves were skimpy at best. I wanted to cover a family of four "nutritionally" as we weather this supposed epic event, but I was SOL on a few staples, like chicken breasts and chips (just kidding on the chips). 

No problem I thought, I'll swing by one more store for chicken on my way home. No luck there either. Maybe this storm is real considering I couldn't find chicken!! Alas, my son stopped by a store too, and he was the lucky charm to find the chicken! Never fear....and we will hunker down (snow is already flying and it was not supposed to start until Friday!!!)

BSoleille! The bright side of a great weather man!

Terri



No comments: