A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

10,000 Smiles and Counting

This was the gist of the 10th Anniversary party for the Hope for Henry Foundation this evening - an all out over-the-top Halloween extravaganza at Georgetown Hospital. From their brochure, "While doctors and medical teams focus on curing physical illnesses, Hope for Henry is an Rx for their spirit, bringing joy, fun, magic and adventure into the lives of children despite their serious medical challenges."  I could not agree more and my son and our family have been recepients of their generosity from the very beginning. I'm thankful that Henry's parents (Laurie Strognin and Allen Goldberg) embraced love and commitment to bring joy to so many kids about one year after losing Henry. 

As a matter of fact, this wonderful foundation just "served" their 10,000 child!  Now that's something to be thankful about!

My photos include a thank you speech by Ryan, and the two parents who also spoke to thank Laurie and Allen including myself and Beth Goldberger, plus "super hero" Alvin Morris of the Washington Redskins with Ryan. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of "live well and laugh hard" - Henry Goldberg

Terri 



No comments: