A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

PAB

PAB stands for the Parent Advisory Board at Georgetown University Hospital that I have been a part of for the past 7 years.  I am thankful that through this forum I have been able to give back to that community in helping children and their families cope with severe illnesses and diseases, for example, to  simply bring a meal to the hospital for a break from the routine hospital food!  I also delivered approximately 30 quilts to the Pediatric Georgetown Hem/Onc Clinic for the social workers and doctors to distribute to newly diagnosed cancer patients compliments of the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild outreach program of Community Quilts.  They always say it's like Christmas when I bring such a large load of them, and they will sort them by age of the kids and the sizes of the quilts for a later selection by a child.  

My photo today is one of Lucky the poodle mix resting on the dog bed I made for both of my pups!  She is sprawled on the image of Lucy-Loo, but left his image to admire!  Haha....


BSoleille, finding the bright side of "giving back"!
terri

No comments: