A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, February 12, 2021

Wonky Winter Trees

Remember my 12 person "Showbox Swap" I mentioned a few weeks ago? I completed the first round with Cappy Phillips "Wonky Winter Trees." She gave us "carte blanche" to create wonky pine trees in soft "winter woods in the snow" colors...and feel. A lot of swappers are adding some coordinating fabrics to go along with whatever block they are requesting, and Cappy was no different. The background I used for her blocks was provided by her. She also had a dark green in the bag that I used the front and back of (Cappy always says we pay for two sides of the fabric, so why not use them if it's available to do so?). Not all fabrics can comply with that thought, but the green Cappy provided was just the ticket to use both sides! Violá!

I will be swapping the next round with my swap partner who also lives in Crofton. She will get the "Wonky Tree" ziplock bag ("shoebox"), and I'll get what she worked on the past couple of weeks. The swap will go on for the next year—heading not only to swappers in Maryland, but Arizona and Florida too! It will be very exciting in the next year on what everyone makes for everyone else. It's off the chart fun for us quilters! All of the ladies are inspirational and creative and I am thankful to be a part of a wonderful effort in this swap (thanks, Carrie for organizing!)

BSoleille!

Terri



1 comment:

Quilting Nan said...

I love those Wonky Trees!! Looking forward to more blocks in the coming months.