A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Super Tree: Baobab

So instead of Super Tuesday, I thought a "Super Tree" would be a good post for today. These funny looking trees (Dr. Seuss-like) like warm sandy climates and grow in many parts of Southern Africa and Australia. They are very distinctive and have many uses in various eco systems; from their leaves and bark to their huge trunks (one tree is a post office)! Elephants like the sweet succulent flowers and could knock a small one down in no time (it's a wonder when they grow very large since they were not "attacked" by any elephants). 

BSoleille! The bright and big side of a Boabab Tree!
Terri
Photos: Tree from a little distance, w/ Helen Gruneisen, and a view of the large trunk!




No comments: