A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Sometimes this Happens...

A Lady in the Soccer Suit Story:

The game of soccer is rough and tumble. With little or no protection on players except shin guards, or maybe a mouth guard, players are exposed to all kinds of injuries. It is what it is. Fùtbol is hugely popular with players in practically every nation; boys and girls/men and women loving the sport with abandon. Fandom is off the charts with at least 2 Billion followers of the game. 

However, no one wants to see a severe injury. I certainly do not, especially when I am the center referee. But, there are times that things like these happen on the field and it is no one's fault. The players are playing the ball, and collisions happen (we call these types of plays - 50/50). 

I hope the player that was sent off in an ambulance is on the mend to a full recovery no matter how big or small the injury!

bSoleille!

Terri



No comments: