A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, September 1, 2018

A Day of Firsts

There is a first time for everything, don't you agree? Today was one of those days, and I accomplished two firsts. No pun intended here, but the first first was entering two quilts in the Maryland State Fair (Tiny Nines and The Boo Crew). Both won ribbons, but the quilts were hung so high, I couldn't make out what I won (but any ribbon is a good ribbon to win).

 The second first was watching a live thoroughbred race and betting on it too, and then selecting the winning horse for race #2. Without knowing a thing, or even seeing the horse ahead of time, I picked the "winning" horse by it's name: Phonemyposseagain. My "Possibillibee" bee's nickname is "Posse", so that was an easy choice for me. When I saw the horse finally, and it was a chestnut color (my favorite), I was doubly impressed. Can I brag that I placed a $2 bet and won $4.20? Hey, $2.20 is better than nothing, and was thrilled to happily cheer Phonemyposseagain to victory.

BSoleille! The bright side of taking my guys to the Maryland State Fair in Timonium over Labor Day Weekend.

Terri

No comments: