A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Paint Party

Back in the day if you mentioned a "painting party", that meant getting a few friends to come over and help paint something in your home or apartment (walls, doors, and trim). The "new" painting parties are becoming very popular, but instead of helping a friend or sibling paint walls, you actually paint a painting of your own; basically unleashing your inner Georgia O'Keefe!

Tonight I hosted a paint night run by my neighbor, Lauren Carlo. She is a very multi talented recent college grad who majored in Art and English Literature. Lauren took a group of mostly non painters and turned us loose on channeling our creative juices to produce  our final product of a fall scene.  In a matter of a couple of hours we went from blank canvas to our own personal "work of art"! Magic....

BSoleille! The bright side of "exactly different" in all 10 paintings!  Fun!
Terri

Photos from the night. Photo of Linda Duret and her painting (she left before the group shot)

Group: L-R: Lauren, Mary Kay, Trish, Kathy, Mary, Gwynn, me, Cappy and Angie. 




No comments: